Trip to the Palace of the Great Bliss
The trip to the palace of the great bliss, one will enjoy the beauty of the Bhutanese architectural styles built beautifully on bank of two rivers. The Punakha Dzong (The Palace of Great Happiness or bliss) was built by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel in 1637–38 as the second oldest and second largest dzong in Bhutan. This fortress has one of its most majestic structures.
The dzong houses the sacred relics the Rangjung Kasarpani and the sacred remains of Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and the Terchen Pema Lingpa. Punakha Dzong was ancient seat of the Royal Government of Bhutan, the capital of Bhutan before it was moved to Thimphu.